Are you ready for a trial lesson?
Georgia can’t wait to meet you!
Read on to find out how we do trial lessons at G L Voice.
Please take the time to read this whole page, which describes how we will work together. It covers what you agree, and what I agree. At the bottom of the page is the place to book using Calendly. By booking a lesson, you agree to the terms and conditions on this page.
Note that GL Voice is an online studio – all coaching takes place online via Zoom.
Why book a trial lesson?
Spend 60 mins with Georgia, and leave with clarity on where you want to take your voice next:
- Talk to someone who truly gets it about your challenges, dreams, frustrations and wishes for your voice
- Imagine the possibilities of what investing in your voice could look like
- Discuss the practicalities of how you want your voice dreams to fit in to your daily life, and make sure we fit
- See if the vibes are good – our gut instincts on whether we’ll enjoy working together are so important!
What actually happens in a trial lesson:
- You tell Georgia about what made you want to invest in your voice, what you hope to learn, what music brings you joy. Georgia can help you clarify and articulate your voice challenges and goals.
- Georgia will tell you about her coaching style, how she’ll make that work for you and your unique goals, and what being a part of the GL Voice Studio looks like.
- You will make some sounds together, so Georgia can start to get to know your voice. If your voice goals are singing-related, you’ll sing the song you prepared.
- I’ll give you feedback about what I think we could work on together, and what that would look like.
- You can ask all your questions!
Here to sing? Prepare a Song
If your voice goals are primarily related to singing, please prepare a song to sing for me, so that I can get to know your voice. It can be anything you love to sing! You can sing it by heart or with the words; unaccompanied or with a backing track (or self-accompanied if that’s your jam!). I can hear your voice better this way, but if that feels too scary I don’t mind if you sing along to a recording. Whatever makes you feel the most comfortable, is the best choice!
P.S. It’s normal to be nervous! We like to call this nerve-cited (nervous excited).
The nuts and bolts
New to online voice work? Welcome to Zoom
We use Zoom for all coaching. When you book your lesson, the confirmation email will have a link to connect.
In case you’re wondering, thanks to Georgia’s equipment, and the ability to choose music-friendly audio settings on Zoom, the audio quality for our online sessions is actually great.
The space you'll need
Choose a quiet room for our session.
Set up your device so that you can stand comfortably without looking up or down at the screen. You can prop it up on a bookshelf, kitchen bar, or mantlepiece, for example. Have a seat at hand for when we’re chatting if you like, but it’s generally easier and more comfortable to do any singing parts standing up.
If you have headphones, usually they help improve the sound quality of the connection – but also it’s fine if you don’t!
Do our schedules align?
Georgia works with clients on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Georgia’s hours are variably between 9:30 am and 18:00 pm, Paris time (CET/CEST)
This looks like:
- 8:30 am – 17:00 pm UK (GMT)
- 4:30 am – 13:00 pm US Eastern
- 1:30 am – 10:00 am US Pacific
- 21:30 pm – 6:00 am NZ
You may reschedule your trial lesson up to two times, as long as you do so at least 48 hours before your scheduled time.
Cancellations less than 48 hours before your lesson will not be refunded or rescheduled. Missed lessons will also not be refunded or rescheduled.
No Obligations & Waiting List
In booking a trial lesson with Georgia, you are under no obligation to become a member of the Studio, or book any further services.
Equally, GL Voice does not guarantee a place in the Studio, nor working together in the future. It’s our priority to make sure our services and our clients are a match made in heaven! We also limit our availability so we can deliver the bespoke quality service we are known for.
In the case where you have completed a trial lesson and wish to work together, but there is no current availability, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified as soon as a place opens up.
After your trial lesson
What happens next?
If the vibes are right for everyone, Georgia will send you an offer the corresponds with the way you’ve decided to work together.
Are we going to sing?
- Kea Members will choose their fixed lesson time and sign up as a member of the Studio.
- Toroa Members will book in their Karaoke Parties and coaching sessions.